When the representation is completed, the Criminal Justice Act (CJA) panel attorney and providers of other services in the representation must submit separate vouchers to the court, seeking compensation and reimbursement of expenses.

A provider of services other than counsel - such as an expert, investigator, paralegal, or interpreter - completes a voucher (Form CJA 21/Form CJA 31) to request payment.

The Form CJA 21 or Form CJA 31 must be signed by the appointed attorney (or, as applicable, the retained attorney), thereby certifying that the services were performed as claimed. The claim should include:

Click here for a copy of Form CJA 21 with instructions.

Click here for a copy of Form CJA 31 with instructions.